Ashiq Anjum is a Professor of distributed systems at the University of Leicester. Previously Ashiq was a Professor of Distributed Systems and Director of the Data Science Research Centre at the University of Derby. His areas of research include data intensive distributed systems, distributed machine learning models and high performance analytics platforms for continuous processing of streaming data. Before starting an academic career, Ashiq worked for various software multinational companies for around ten years.
Research and development interests in the following areas:
- Data Intensive Distributed Systems
- Distributed Data Science and Machine Learning
- Edge and Embedded Artificial Intelligence
- AI driven Digital Twins and High Performance Analytics
- Blockchains and Trustworthy Distributed System